Career Development Council
Career awareness- Career Exploration – Career Planning Interviewing Skills – Business Site Tours – Shadowing – Career Panels
- Career Research Websites:
- Career Cruising Interactive career guide with Matchmaker, Explore Careers and college links www.careercruising.com username: Sayre / password: Richmond
- CareerZone – Interest assessment and career and career information www.pacareerzone.org
- US Dept. of Labor & Occupational Outlook Guide www.bls.gov
- Career Magazine Online www.careermag.org
- Hot Jobs www.hotjobs.com
- Career Voyages: Job market analysis by state & career information www.careervoyages.com
What is SHADOWING?
Enables you to spend part of a day with someone in a career you are interested in at that person’s worksite. You will learn about the job responsibilities, what a typical workday is like, the salary range, and what the work environment is like.
How do I arrange a shadowing?
Stop in the Guidance Office anytime make an appointment to meet with Mrs. Sassman on a Wednesday and/or complete a Shadowing Request Form and return it to the Guidance Office.
When your shadowing has been arranged, (usually 2 – 3 weeks later) Mrs. Sassman will notify you and give you a packet of information including:
- Confirmation letter
- Possible questions to ask your host
- Directions and special instructions
- Parent Permission form
- Student Evaluation
Mrs. Sassman – Guidance Office Every Wednesday
Phone (607) 795-5320