Did You Know



  • The Sayre Land Company was originated in 1871?
  • Sayre itself was incorporated as a Borough in 1891?
  • There were four graduates of the Sayre class of 1897?
  • In 1939, ice skating was enjoyed at the present location of the High School’s Athletic field?
  • A student named Adrian Samuel, who later became a jeweler, first suggested the name “Sayrenade” for the school magazine when it was started around 1913?
  • Sayre, Pennsylvania was believed to be called Pine Plains and Central Junction? It was not called Sayre until 1873.
  • The High School’s Gym was where the music rooms are now? It was moved when the addition was added in 1969-1970.
  • Sayre Area High School once had 176 people in its graduating class?
  • The original high school buildings were used for thirty-eight years from 1891-1929, but the current building has been used for seventy-four?
  • The original school bells are encased at the H. Austin Snyder Elementary School on North Keystone Avenue in Sayre? Dedication was on June 29, 1991 for the following school bells: East Side, Fourth Ward, Sayre High School/Central Grade School. The South Waverly School Bell is at the Borough Hall in South Waverly, PA, and the North Elmer Avenue School Bell is in possession of a Sayre Resident. The money was donated by Alumni.


Comments are closed.