Sayre Area School District
2018 Summer Academy
The summer academy program at Sayre High School is designed for students in grades 7-12. This program is provided as a service for our community members. Students are responsible for adhering to all school rules and district policies. No violations of these rules and policies will be tolerated. Attendance for the duration of the program is mandatory.
- Summer Academy will be held at the Sayre High School.
- Some courses will be offered through SOLA (the Sayre Online Learning Academy).
- Summer session will run from July 5 – July 31. The session will run from 9:00 – 11:30 a.m. If we have a large number of students enroll, an afternoon session may be added.
- Registration–You must register in the Guidance Office by June 19th between 7:30-2:00pm (M-F). Applications can be obtained in the guidance office. No registrations will be accepted after June 19, 2018.
- Checks for $200 per course should be made payable to: Sayre High School. Payment by check must be turned in at the time of registration.
- You may take a maximum of two (2) courses in summer school.
Summer Academy Calendar
Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
Week 1 July 5 July 6
Week 2 July 9 July 10 July 11 July 12 July 13
Week 3 July 16 July 17 July 18 July 19 July 20
Week 4 July 23 July 24 July 25 July 26 July 27
Week 5 July 30 July 31
- Class will start on time every day. NO ABSENCES WILL BE PERMITTED. Don’t be late! If you are late by ½ hour you will be considered absent. DO NOT schedule appointments during class time OR YOU WILL NOT MEET THE ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENT.
- SASD rules and regulations will be enforced in our buildings and on the school grounds. Students should wear appropriate dress at all times. We expect all behavior to be appropriate for an educational setting. Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated.
- Students in violation of rules, discipline policies and/or mandatory attendance policy will be removed from the program without refund of tuition.
- Final grades will be reported to the SHS Guidance Department and will be mailed home. Students can earn a summer school grade up to 100%, but the highest grade that will be reflected on your transcript will be 70%.