Sayre High School is known for its distinguished record of student achievement and quality education in a true community environment. Whether they are pursing academics, athletics or the arts, our students continually experience a high degree of success. It is our mission to provide a quality education in order to help them perform to their highest abilities and be successful both here and ultimately beyond our historic walls. Below are just a few of the ways we fulfill our mission to you and our students.
- Consistently made Adequate Yearly Progress, or AYP, since 2003
- National Merit Scholarship Finalists
- Students scoring in the 95th percentile on the SAT
- Multiple college level course offerings beginning in a student’s junior year Excellent student to teacher ratio
Award Winning Fine Arts
- Highly decorated arts program including awards for computer graphics and graphic design Award winning choral and instrumental musicians
- Forensics program that has had frequent representation at national competitions
Athletic Program and Activities
- Sixteen different varsity sports teams
- A tradition of excellence and sportsmanship, as SHS was awarded the District 4 Sportsmanship of the Year Award
- Athletes recognized for excellence at the league, district and even state level
- Consistently recognized in competition against much larger schools for Future Business Leaders of America, or FBLA
- A well represented Student Council that has as its mission service to others
- The most comprehensive Summer Recreation program in the area that is open for K-12 students over 8 weeks every summer.
- Summer breakfast and lunch programs that benefit our community.
- Latest technology in classrooms, labs and the library
- Excellent student to computer ratio
- SHS is a historic building that is maintained with pride
- Our Archives document the proud history of our district and community and its artifacts date to the early 1900’s
As you can see we are very proud of the students, faculty and the traditions of Sayre High School. If we can assist you in any way during the school year, please feel free to contact us.
Dayton Handrick, Principal